Don’t let this be sad for you because it isn’t for me. It’s more of a “Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,” type of statement. I miss some things and I wonder what you love about the things you do for fitness.
- Putting on tactical clothing to go for a run and feeling like a ninja until I have to top it with lights and reflective gear so I don’t get run over. Perhaps I need a headband that says “Undercover,” lol.
- Stepping up to a barbell at the gym and thinking “nope,” but then setting it down only to hoist it up and surprise myself with a successful lift.
- Seeing my dog, Aurora go crazy when she sees me in my running shoes getting ready to head out the door for a run.
- Tethering myself to her and taking her for a speedy run and trying so hard to get a good post run selfie with her.
- Working at getting more than 15 double unders on the jump rope. I even miss laughing about how badly I whip myself with the rope attempting.
- Dragging out the foam plyo box at the gym and then jumping more after I work out to try to be less scared of the wooden ones.
- Running with my “yak tracks” attached to my shoes so I don’t slide and feeling like a badass for getting out and running in the elements. Especially in the snow when it swirls like I’m in a snowglobe.
- Being able to squat. There are a lot of things that involve squatting that I didn’t appreciate before.
- The trail; The courses I’ve made myself over the years. Meeting up with a friend to run a familiar course and chat.
It’s funny how little things can bring me such joy and being excited doing them again can help me out. I’m fortunate that this isn’t a forever thing, but even if it was, I’m finding my way despite the limitations.
Thanks for reading! What little things do you enjoy? Let me know by adding a comment!